Hello! So, I decided to start instilling monthly favorites on my blog a.k.a. just a few things that I have been loving throughout the month. I know this post is a few days early, but I was too excited not to share. There aren’t any fashion favorites this time around because if you didn’t know, I am currently in college and I just haven’t had the money to spend on clothing lately. Regardless, I hope you find these things somewhat interesting!
1. “Bone in the Throat” by Anthony Bourdain. I am absolutely obsessed with this man. I think that he is brutally honest, sarcastic, and charming all at once. As a huge fan of food and travel documentaries, I would have to say that the content he creates will always be my favorite. Definitely check out No Reservations and Parts Unknown (both on Netflix). I was excited to hear that this novel he wrote is being turned into an independent film starring Ed Westwick. It just debuted at SXSW and I cannot wait to see the visual adaption! Warning: This novel focuses on mobs, so if you’re not into Godfather-esque stories, please refrain! 🙂
2. Striped Cardio Shorts from Forever 21. Lately I have been on this exercising kick more than usual and these shorts have come in handy. It was my first time purchasing activewear from Forever 21, but for $13 I thought it was worth a shot. They could not fit more perfectly and I love how they are high-waisted because it reminds you to suck in your stomach more when during floor exercises, haha. I was also thinking of doing more fitness related posts..thoughts?
3. Henry. Although my boyfriend gave Henry the elephant to me last month for Valentine’s Day, I thought I would include him in this month’s favorites. I just adore these gentle giants and they are my spirit animal. I mean, how could you not fall in love with this, this, or this?! But yeah, Henry is one of my favorites and I cuddle him every night.
4. Private Viewing by Wet N Wild. I have been wearing this color all month long. Lately, I have been gravitating towards neutral nail colors and this is the perfect mature pink. The best part is that it is relatively cheap and the formula is quite nice. The brush is also pretty large, which makes application super easy.
5. The Grand Budapest Hotel.
I was so quick to post this month’s favorites because I just got done watching this movie
last night and loved it so much. It’s a comedy/drama about the adventures of Gustave and Zero, a hotel concierge and lobby boy who work at the Grand Budapest Hotel in a fictional country. The visuals are so incredibly detailed and you can sense the love Wes Anderson put into it. It’s the story of friendship, love, and revenge with various ridiculous moments that will leave you laughing.